Berry Mojito Recipe
Posted in Classics, Rum, Tropical on January 24, 2014
Berry Mojito Recipes
The Mojito is one of the famous cocktails in the world. It is said that the name Mojito originated from the word Mojo, a drink, which is made from lime and mainly used for seasoning dishes in Cuba. It is also said that the original Mojito cocktail originated during 19th century by the African slaves who were working in the field of sugarcane. They used the extract from sugarcane which at that time it was a popular drink among the slaves. The Berry Mojito is a natural culmination to a drink that is already quite sugary and light in taste.
What is a Mojito?
The Mojito is a popular cocktail which is made up of simple ingredients like blackberries, strawberries, sugar, mint leaves, lemon juice, rum and crushed ice. It is a refreshing summer drink that is very famous not only among the people of Cuba but all over the world and a must have drink during the party. There are different types of flavors you can use to make Berry Mojito recipes. Those available flavors are strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, cranberry and lychee. It’s as simple as putting your choice of fruit juice into the drink.
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 12 berries of choice
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Some fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 2 nos. of lemon
- Light rum 8 ounces
- Ice (crushed)
How do you Make a Berry Mojito?
The basic berry mojito recipes can be made by the following steps
- Take four cocktail glasses. Put berries and sugar into a grinder and grind all those until a jam forms.
- Put 6 mint leaves into the bottom of each glass.
- Pour the jam like berry mixtures into each glass.
- Add fresh lime juice into each glass.
- Muddle the mixture, lime juice and mint leaves in the glass until the flavor of mint comes out.
- Fill the glasses by three quarters each with crushed ice.
- Now pour 2 ounces of rum from the top of the each glass and over the crushed ice.
- Garnish with ginger ale.
- Stir the drinks and add mint leaves for garnishing and serve.
The Berry Mojito Recipe is very famous amongst the Cuban people as it originated from the country. The great variety of fruity flavors makes it a refreshing drink for the summer time. The popularity of the drink is growing day by day due to its crisp and excellent taste, and is a must have drink for any summer party. Whether it's a strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, or any other Berry used as a base, the tangy zest from berries adds a brilliant kick to the Mojito. What are you waiting for? Go make yourself a nice, soothing berry mojito.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.